Thursday, November 12, 2009

Nov 12: Baltic Chŗonīcļe: Transfers and Such


From: Jordan Argyle
Date: Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:54 AM
Subject: Baltic Chŗonīcļe: Transfers and Such

All: 125,420 steps (97.82KM).

Pictures: Top: This wafer made me laugh a lot! On the wrapper is written: "HYPER wafer for big people." Hee hee. I'm not really that fat, either, just a little photo magic.
Middle: Here's my district from Riga Center: Front row is E. Long and McLaren, and the back is me, Sisters Gomez and Rībere (I have no idea how to do that in English still), and Elder Clark.
Last: These are stairs at a place we knocked. See how worn they are? I thought that was crazy worn!

Q+A: One of the people who was writing the homework for the spiritual parts of the English class now has a baptismal date! That is way exciting to me! Another one is willing to meet and talk, but is very skeptical right now. He thinks that God is partially to blame for all the bad that happens, because He could stop it, but doesn't. What he doesn't realize is that God does all that we allow Him to, and he unendingly mudinās (encourages...kinda) to do good and not do those bad things. Take a look at Moroni 7: 5-13, 16-19, and you'll see what I mean. That's not even including all the work the Holy Ghost does to keep us from hurting others (John 14: 26). Anyway, search the scriptures, and you will see that God invites all to do good unendingly.

Otherwise: On 9 November,1989, the Berlin Wall fell. It was the 20th anniversary of that event only a few days ago. That may not seem that interesting to a lot of you, but for one who has seen the dreadful influence of the Soviet regime, and who always is left is amazement by the miracle of its fall, I was strongly touched when I realized that. If you want, research the Berlin Wall, and the Soviet Union a little, and you may understand a little better. I have had many a conversation with people who have told me of the influence of the Soviet Union in their lives. I am amazed that countries even survived. God truly is a God of miracles, and he supported those who followed and trusted Him, even under the suffocating influence of that evil regime.

A funny story: A meteorite landed in Latvia last week. Latvians were euphoric, because a meteorite had landed in Lietuva and Estonia, but never in Latvia. But after a day or so, it turned out that the meteorite here was all a marketing scam from a company called Tele 2 (a huge phone company). So, since that meteorite story went all over the world, that company now finds a lot of publicity globally. I thought it was ridiculous...and ridiculously funny.

Last week was pretty slow, and this week started off a lot faster! We had great lessons with people with whom we have been trying to meet for a long time!

Now, probably what you are all wanting to know: transfers. I'm headed back to Jelgaviņa!! I'm excited, and at the same time sad to be leaving here. But, all will be well. My new companion is Elder Reed, who is a Russian speaker. So, I finally get my dream of being in a mixed companionship (Latvian/Russian speaking). And, I am able to say that I have averaged one new companion every transfer (that's 16 companions in as many transfers, and if you want you can include the MTC, when I had a different companion).

That's probably all. I love you all! Have a great week, and never cease praying and reading to invite personal revelation from the Lord. He gives such to all who seek it with a pure intent.
--
Elder Argyle
@..@
(-----)
( >/°¥< )
^^‾\/‾^^

No comments: